Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gruesome photo!

I managed to shut my finger in the car door yesterday - so I ended up with ten stitches, the six shown below and another four on the other side of this finger. I have to go back to the doctors today for a tetanus shot....

As you can imagine, I said a few things like 'damn' and 'blast' etc. Luckily the lady in the bike shop (we had just picked up our bikes, having had new tyres fitted) didn't understand the actual words, although I'm sure she was in no doubt as to their content.
Pete just drove me up to the doctor's cabinet, and he stitched it up on the spot, during his lunch hour, saving us from a drive into Carhaix hospital and possibly a longish wait to be seen. Once again I cannot fault the French health system!


Luckily we are just going through a 'snag' list now in the gîte, finishing off the little bits that have got missed on the way. Here is the latest picture of the outside - better now the grass has grown back outside the front.

1 comment:

Francis Mickelborough said...

Now that looks sore...I'm glad you didn't loose your finger!