Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The floor tiles get laid..

OK they are getting laid - see above. Takes ages as one mix of mortar does about 18 - 20 tiles which is about all we can manage at once. Pete mixes mortar and and I lay the tiles - restrictive trades practices it used to be called. We call it divison of labour. We have almost half the floor laid by now. Watch this space!


In the meantime we have taken advantage of some fine weather (shhhh it may notice!!!) to clear out the midden behind the workshop building (many thanks to Greg for his help) and to construct the second part of the dead-hedge (see may 22 for part one). The cordon sanitaire against the chickens is getting there! Watch this space for part 3, then the finale of "the gates"

As you can see we have a nice shady space now, behind the workshop. I am hoping to plant azaleas, rhododendron, yew (there is a golden yew already planted now in the corner) and other shade-loving plants there soon. We already have sweet peas and honeysuckle growing up the new dead-hedge. I am hoping to construct pretty gates for pedestrians and vehicules using treated wood, painted green. Pictures will follow.

Somewhere I have climbing solanum cuttings - I put them somewhere safe in the garden, earlier this year, but I havent been out much since and I have forgotten where they are.....

No comments: