Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Going on holiday!


and the size of the pile of stuff is starting to make me think 'kitchen sink' (no, the ironing board is staying home)
We have probably got out of roughing it when camping, there are too many necessities. We are going to a tiny site to the north-west of Bordeaux and we are hoping that the weather proves kind. I have memory-scars still from the scottish six-days at Kingussie (Fran & Greg were running M10) in the rain. Still, bordeaux is slightly further south..... warm rain probably.


The floor is now laid in the Bull Barn. Here is the concrete waggon arriving, this is about as close as he could get. The driver was very helpful, and dispensed wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of concrete while Pete & Rhett (a friend) carted it to the furthest recesses of the barn. We got 4 cubic metres which was not quite enough, but 5 would have been far too much. Now for the floor tiles. We will get them once we get back from orienteering.
Thats all for now. Take a look at Genes Reunited - I have put on lots of the family recently (you cant see my tree till I let you via the site, so ask while I'm away and I'll let you in when I get back. Doing this has also got me back in touch with two of my cousins that I ahve lost contact with -Christine Nugent (My aunty Peggy's eldest daughter) and Gus Mackay (my uncle Billly's eldest son) and we have been doing some catching up. When I can get sorted out how to, I will post lots of the old family photos on the genes reunited site.

No comments: