Sunday, April 08, 2012

7th April - a productive day

we got loads done yesterday, starting with getting the gite ready for the first guests of the season, who are arriving monday evening.
 I have been trying to get the two single bedspreads finished for ages, and eventually managed it yesterday. They're a bit brighter than what I would normally make, but I reckon if you arrive for a holiday, you don't want anything too sombre. Anyway, thats what I had I my fabric cupboard!


\

I sort-of finished off a couple of wooden spoons (one's a sort-of spatula/spoon) while I let lunch go down. Then we were back to leylandii-bashing. 
The huge piles that we started with have now reduced to one small pile, lots of piles of logs and some HUGE piles of poo!
Pete is behind the remaining pile to be cleared


Nearly finished - may get it done today if the weather holds, then we have a log cutting and transporting job to do. Our neighbour Yvon will get rid of the poo with his tractor, then he is going to harrow-up the ground and re-sow it with grass. We'll need some rain to make that grow!


Here are the 80-odd beech seedlings that we hope use to to replace the leylandiis - will be a few years till they are any significant size, but will certainly be nicer than the previous hedge

Finally, in a mad fit of enthusiasm I mowed the orchard. The sheep appreciated this & started eating the shorter grass immediately. Now we need some rain....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.